Well the summer is upon us and yes skin is in. All the hot parties ATI, RTI and Reggae Sumfest are lined up to provide maximum entertainment. But before you hop off to enjoy yourself here are a few tips that will ensure that you not only have maximum fun but also guarantee that you are healthy to have more fun.
Take a huge bottle. We can’t stress enough how important it is to stay hydrated. Especially at beach parties, alcohol dehydrates the body so replenish with some water.
· Lip Gloss with SPF is critical for preventing chapped, dried out lips, but even more importantly, for avoiding sunburned lips.
· Don’t stress out over how much eye make-up to bring, and forget about the liquid foundation. If you like, pack a waterproof mascara to prevent the waves from washing out your eyes. (Do not forget to pack make-up remover)
· Bring a concealer stick or powder compact to touch up blemishes. Too much foundation on a warm day can look and feel cakey or may just run if the temperature is too high.
· To help prevent sunburn on your scalp, consider packing a hat of some sort, a bandana or a hair scarf.
· No matter how badly you want a tan, bring suntan lotion to protect from overexposure.
· Do not forget your sunglasses.
· A bottle of eye drops in case particles of sand find their way into your eyes.
· Do not forget your normal necessities such as toothpaste, toothbrush etc.
· For a flirty appearance, bring a cute sarong or wrap to wear to the beach, or simply pack a pair of comfy shorts.
· Take two towels: one to lie on and one that is sand-free for when you need to dry off.